(848) 229-9885 | 287 S. Main Street Lambertville, NJ 08530

In his 1915 book Worry and Nervousness, surgeon and psychiatrist William Samuel Sadler described worry as an “inability to relax the attention” once it fastened onto a fear. All people experience it, but these days more people are literally worrying themselves sick: pessimism, depression and eventually illness. Maybe world events more than justify anxiety. But worrying wont help. And a new study in the journal Behavior Therapy finds that most worries never come to fruition: 91% did not come true and for the other 9%, the outcome was not as dire as was feared. So worry doesn't even make sense…but still 6.8 million Americans have General Anxiety Disorder. Now, one anxiety-reducing technique from the book, The Worry Cure, is to set aside a block of time each day for worrying. But I have a better idea: how about taking that same hour to give yourself a vacation from worry. Since worrying is a habit you cant just turn if off, you replace it with some other completely mind -focusing activity that will crowd out worrisome thoughts.
Like Hot Yoga.
Many yogis practice for the physical benefits – like flexibility and strength and toning and weight loss. But even more tell me that hot yoga is their total respite from worry, an oasis in a life of To Dos and stress. How does that work?
Because unlike the gym or even other forms of yoga, your mind cant wander in hot yoga: you are guided over and over to the highly detailed instructions our teachers offer, poses by pose (you don't have to be experienced to try hot yoga – we guide you step by step) and you find you have no room for those usual worrisome thoughts. Hot yoga will build your body in a myriad of ways – but the real boon is what it will do for your mind. And that makes it a practice in stress relief
Come try it. CLICK OUR HOT YOGA INTRO SPECIAL NOW
http://riverflow-yoga.com/pricing/




Source